Favicon.ico is generally used as a thumbnail of the website logo, which is displayed in the browser's address bar, browser tab or bookmarks bar, favicon is the site avatar, the current major browsers are all support favicon. With ico icon (.ICO icon format and named favicon, short for "favorites icon"), the website look more professional, more beautiful, more personalized, you can use our Favicon.ico Generator tool easily convert your images into an icon favicon.ico.
Favicon.ico Generator a free online tool to help you convert logo, image and photo file into *.ICO icon format. We support JPG, GIF, PNG file formats for conversion. Output size from 16x16 pixels (favicon.ico icon size), 32x32 (desktop icon), 48x48 (large XP icon) up to 128x128 pixels (Windows Vista icon size) in the *.ICO icon format. We also support preview mode to let you preview your desigin and download.
1.We support gif to ico, jgp to ico, png to ico
2. The original image file size <5M.
3. Suggest to keep the same proportionately about the length and width with original image, to avoid the ico logo distortion after converting because of scaling.
4. Click ＂Browse/Choose File＂button to select your image file, Then click ＂Generate favicon.ico＂, you will get ico file.
1. Download converted ico file and rename it to favico.ico, then upload it to the root path of your web document.
2. This feature is enabled by supplying below codes in the head section of documents served by the web site (click to copy favicon html code):
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="/favicon.ico"/> <link rel="bookmark" href="/favicon.ico"/>
First, crated a gif dynamic icon named favicon.gif, and then add the following code between the head section (click to copy favicon html code):
<link rel="icon" href="/favicon.gif" type="image/gif" />
1. Compatibility - All browsers, including IE 5.0, support .ico format.
2. Avoid 404 server errors - All modern browsers (tested with Chrome 4, Firefox 3.5, IE8, Opera 10 and Safari 4) will always request a favicon.ico so it's best to always have a favicon.ico file, to avoid a "404 not found" error.
3. An .ico file can hold more than one icon, no need to have multiple files for 16x16 and 48x48 icons.
A favicon (short for Favorite icon), also known as a shortcut icon, Web site icon, tab icon or bookmark icon, is a file containing one or more small icons, most commonly 16×16 pixels, associated with a particular Web site or Web page. A web designer can create such an icon and install it into a Web site (or Web page) by several means, and graphical web browsers will then make use of it. Browsers that provide favicon support typically display a page's favicon in the browser's address bar (sometimes in the history as well) and next to the page's name in a list of bookmarks. Browsers that support a tabbed document interface typically show a page's favicon next to the page's title on the tab, and site-specific browsers use the favicon as a desktop icon.
The ICO file format is an image file format for computer icons in Microsoft Windows, developed by Microsoft. ICO files contain one or more small images at multiple sizes and color depths, such that they may be scaled appropriately. In Windows, all executables that display an icon to the user, on the desktop, in the Start Menu, or in Windows Explorer, must carry the icon in ICO format, ICO's internet media type is image/x-icon. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICO_(file_format)